Pages

Monday, August 16, 2010

Making a milk carton box without a die

Pin It
Hi all, we've all seen these cute milk carton dies for a while now but I still haven't bought one ...... so i thought id give you my quick version of this great project, not quite as small as the die but cute the same :) My daughter laughed when she seen it had popcorn in it..... a bit average but i didn't have any other treats in the house at the time so i went with what i had and tied the bird theme into it! a great little gift for someone watching their weight. You could add anything though! anyhow its still winter here and everyone likes hot popcorn! so its makes for a cute CORNY gift idea! lol I'm cracking myself up today!! anyway the pattern is below and i made the punch art decoration with the 2 step bird punch from Stampin up which you can order off me here. I used extra wings to make the leaves have a fuller look and double punched the large oval for the nest. To get the sweet treat cups (also from Stampin up ) to fit this pattern i cut some of the edging off either side then taped it in. Hope you enjoy this quick post today ...
Blessings to you

and a last thought

Isn't rude

Genuine love is gracious and honorable; it is
under the control of God-guided reason at all times;
it seeks what is right and proper;
it can do nothing but good;
it cares for others sensibilities and produces unity.
(taken from 1 Corinthians 13)




10 comments:

Helen said...

Great template as always! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Valita thanks so much for sharing your template. Cant wait to try it!

Auntie Em said...

Thank you for sharing you pattern. I often bypass the dies as well, wondering how often I will use them for the cost.
I might be considered cheap but now I can buy more paper! Yea!!! :O)

kiwi-creations said...

Love your idea with the popcorn.

BlueRose said...

I love your template, I have always wanted this pattern thanks so much. I also loved watching your tut. Thanks again Kat

Monica-FC said...

how cool is that. I do not have this die yet but would love to buy it myself. now I can make it until I get the die. thank you so much. I am going to try this next.

Katou said...

So nice idea,this is very cute.
Love it so much.
Thank you for sharing.
XOXOXO
Katou

Merry said...

Oh this is so fantastic and I love the popcorn idea. Thansk for sharing your template.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad I found your site. You have so many great ideas for adding that little extra to the projects.

Thanks so much!

Nancy C. said...

Thanks so much for this tutorial - my friend has this die and the milk carton is very small. This size is just perfect! Love it!