Pages

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Diamond fold card and another monday

Pin It
Hi everyone, Im late getting mondays class out again....but here it is. We had fun trying this diamond fold card. The Youtube video tutorial on how to make this is found here. Please note this is not me on the video as some have thought. LOL. If you cant veiw youtube here is a link to circle of crafters Judith has a pattern there just scroll down.
I love the scallop punch which i made this center flower with, i bought it not long ago and i know it will have many uses.....a great investment. The leaves were made using ribbon. Ive had a few people ask me how i made the flower scince i posted this so ill add this short tutorial for you.

Using a scallop punch out make cuts into the center without loosing any petals.

Using your shaping tool and a padded mat press the petals so they curl up.

On each petal make a half turn then add a center, gliter etc

I hope this has helped.....Heres a pic of the second card.

This is a great shadow box stamp from Impressive stamps Australia. It can be used in so many ways. I added punches over the stamps and 3d the lady bug.
I have to say thankyou to Mel for the you rock my socks bolg award she gave me and would love to pass this on to...well i cant give it back to Mel cause at the moment shes just rocked my socks right off!! LOL...so I'll pass this on to Chrissy. You rock Girl! thankyou for the inspiration you have given me and many others....Luv Valita


Well its just a quick post today but I'll leave you with this .....Valita

a last thought
What Is Faith? It is the confident
assurance that something we want is going to happen.
It is the cerntainty that what we hope for
is waiting for us, even though we canot see it up ahead.
Hebrews 11:1

9 comments:

ChrissyM said...

Oh my! What an honor. Thank you so much. I love your diamond fold card, I am going to have to try this. You are so creative and such an inspiration. Keep up the amazing work you do.

Chrissy

terrily said...

I love the diamond fold card. How did you make the scallop flower on the front? thanks terrily@verizon.net

valita said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
valita said...

Hi Terrily ive added a link back in this post check it out...Luv Valita

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

No doubt about it: you ROCK with a purpose. Love this flower tutorial. I have to try it! And the lady bug card is gorgeous! I love the hits of colour with the fine black detail. SO fresh! :0)

terrily said...

Thanks you so much for the tutorial. Can't wait to try it out!

Den and Jen said...

Love the diamond card and the flowers. I'm going to try them both. Congrats on the You Rock My Socks award! You deserve it!!

Here is another quote I love on faith:
"And now as I said concerning faith - faith is not to have a perfect knowledge of things; therefore if ye have faith ye hope for things which are not seen, which are true." Alma

Jen (circleofcrafters)

valita said...

totally agree Jen thanks .....Lu Valita

Tina said...

a wonderful creation!